“And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.” – Isaiah 12:4-5
On this day, 13 years ago, I left family, friends, and comforts to an unknown future serving the Lord in a distant land, culture, and people groups with a faithful support team.
Looking back, it’s been a fruitful, joyful, sometimes hard, and yet a fun-filled adventure where the Lord has used you and me to equip young leaders in Central and Eastern Europe to fulfill Christ’s Commission.
As I reflect, I am thankful for…
- God’s provisions, faithfulness and care
- Faithful supporters who pray, encourage and/or give
- First generation Christians living out Christ among their families and friends
- Seeing transformed lives impacting His Kingdom
- Disciples making disciples
- JV families obediently serving and leading by example
- JV singles glorifying the Lord with their gifts and talents
- Short–term teams united together serving a greater cause
- College students taking bold steps of faith to become summer interns
- New missionaries joining the movement
- Deep integrity from our leadership
- A legacy that keeps multiplying, and…
…13 great years growing, learning, and serving with Josiah Venture!
Father, thank you for calling each of us to be part of your movement. I pray that those that receive this letter will be enriched in every way as they continue to give in every way! Thank you for how you’ve blessed me throughout these 13 years!